I have posted some bridal makeup tips in an earlier post but, got to thinking about some things that I have come across this season and wanted to share them with you all.
1. Just because it’s a trend this year doesn’t mean you will look back on your photos ten years from now and love it. So, if you are thinking of doing something trendy with your makeup think about how you will feel about it a few years from now. Remember that when you are planning your special bridal look that you want to look back on it and still feel great about how you looked on your wedding day.
2. If you are hiring a professional makeup artist keep a few things in mind. They are professionals and know what they are doing. They are not plastic surgeons. Be completely upfront with them about what you want and show them a picture of what you look like most of the time. This will help them create a look that is more special for your wedding day than your normal makeup look. If you are not liking something be honest, they need your criticism to make sure that they create your ideal look.
3. Yes, I do recommend that you wear false lashes unless you have insanely long and full lashes on their own. It just opens up the eyes and makes them look brighter. Plus, it looks great in photos.
4. If you are getting a spray tan do it at least 2 days before your wedding.
5. Drink lots and lots of water. This helps your skin look fresh, hydrated, and clear.
6. Remember that your makeup will only look as good as the skin underneath. A few months before or even a year before the wedding, hire a professional to help with skin. They can get you on the right track with facials and recommend appropriate skincare that will insure that your skin is wedding day ready.
7. Get physical! Yes, work out! This will also help the body release toxins and make your skin look so much better. Plus, a balanced diet full of anti-inflammatory foods will make your skin look and feel great.
8. Just be you! It’s really easy to get caught up in how you think you should look based on magazines and TV. All in all, just be you but, a little more glammed up than normal. It’s a special day and you want to look special but, not unlike you completely.
The best part about being a makeup artist is getting be apart bride’s special day!